23/02/2016

XOXO I grow - Scrap FX


This month's new release from Scrap FX was a bit hard to me as the theme was Australia. I live in Europe and even haven't (hopefully yet) visited Australia, I took a country style approach to the new chippies and items! Of course I could have done a wishful page also, about a dream to travel to Down Under. 



The layout is done from a photo I took while visiting my parents. While we live in the capital, they live nowadays in the country side, surrounded by fields, cattle and forest. There's something really serene just watching the undulating fields and the crop swaying in the wind.

I started the page by creating the leaf pattern to the background using the "Gum Leaves" stencil. Then I added some stamping and pencil swirls on top. I created a sheaf styled design with the twine so that the photo is in the cross point. Underneath the photo is a piece of one of the new transparencies, "Tractor and Truck Charts". The embellishments include the "Wheat Stalk Corner" and the "Wheat Field" from the new collection and a flower cut from the "Native Flora Frame". The "Wheat Stalks" are from an older collection, but fit the theme perfectly.

It's great to see you here, thank you for your time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...