14/10/2015

Dramatic journal cover - Prima Marketing


Hello hello hello! It's Wednesday already! Maybe time to add some color? Yesterday a blog post went live in Prima's blog (link) showing a few way to color Prima's blooms. There's also a video by Song Li you don't want to miss!


I love to give the beautiful Prima blooms a touch of my own so I usually color them a little. It gives the blooms a personal touch and makes them more "mine". So I usually also add a touch of color even to the colored ones, not just white ones.

There’s so many great products in the Prima mediums but for this cover I went with my favorite combination – gesso and Mica. Instead of white gesso which I use more commonly I used the black one creating a dramatic journal cover. The fun thing with this coloring technique is that the blooms can start off with any color and they all look good together in the end!


I started the cover with some Black Gesso and then made the composition using different blooms, metals and also an Archival Cast heart. I treated that using the tricks from my canvas workshop (link) and finished the cover with Mica. I used three different powders from the new release - Iridescent Lilac, Black Cherry and Pale Silver.

Thank you for stopping today!


Materials:

961374 - Heavy Gesso Black 
963538 – Mica Powder Iridescent Lilac
962807 – Mica Powder Black Cherry
962517 – Mica Powder Pale Silver 
990572 – Memory Hardware Journal Tall
961398 – 3D Matte Gel
961435 – Soft Gloss Gel
962760 – Brush Set
891541 – Junkyard Findings Mini Typo Bulbs
941574 – Archival Cast Flaming Hearts ex. II votos
961084 – Mechanicals Clocks
960322 – Mechanicals Mini Flowers
960384 – Mechanicals Mini Brads
960391 – Mechanicals Bottle Caps
583538 – Metals for wood plaque 7
583569 – Metals for wood plaque 10
990626 – Villeneuve Antique Rings 
582067 – Nicco Michio
559830 – Buttons 
561130 – Rosarian 
PE-067-48P – Brown Mulberry Roses



Materials: Prima Marketing, Epiphany Crafts

4 comments:

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

So very beautiful! I love the new mica powders, and you've created such an amazing project with it!

enkulin käsityöt said...

Ihailen tuota taitoasi. Ihana työ jälleen.

Unknown said...

Just love your work Rikka!!

Unknown said...

Just love your work Rikka!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...