25/09/2015

Drawn cat card


Hi there and great Friday everyone! Today I have something special to share. Actually it's special in two ways - first of all, it's a card which I nowadays do quite seldom and the second point is that it was an assignment. 

My colleague asked me to do her a birthday card to her love's birthday party. I asked a few guidelines and this is what I came up with. The background of the card is done using Gelliplate and acrylic paints and the cat in the corner in hand drawn and then colored with Prima watercolor pencils. 


The guidelines I got was that it shouldn't be too girly, that the favorite color of the recipient was mint green and that she likes cats and always wears a cap. The first thing I started to work on was the background. My first thought was something graffiti style. To get that kind of look I came up with gelliprinting. First I just mixed a few greens in there but then cut number masks out of printing paper and added those on top of the first layers. When I then added more acrylic paint the number parts stayed less layered. 

I drew a few different cats with caps and let my family choose the one to be colored and used in the card. I kept the embellishments to minimum and only added a few buttons and a epoxy sticker in there.

Wishing you a lovely start to the weekend! Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Ranger, Prima Marketing

2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
What a most adorable card - awesome background and very cute kitty!

Béa ScrapTiwi said...

Hello Rikka,
I adore this card and I allowed myself to copy her.
You can see her here : http://scraptiwi.canalblog.com/archives/2015/12/12/33060805.html
Sorry for my bad English
Bye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...