07/08/2015

Student soon - Scrap FX


Today I have not only a new page for you but also a video tutorial! So welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy! Both the project and the video are created for Scrap FX.


It's now August and that marks the start of the new school year here in Finland. My older daughter starts preschool this autumn. She's so excited and can't wait to start school next year. I'm happy about her enthusiasm but at the same time amazed when she grew so big and old to start school soon. I mean, it was just yesterday when she was born and now she's six and soon seven. Amazing how the time flies, right?

To keep the page light and happy I chose to go with turquoise and yellow. That combination is fresh and happy but also yellow is the favorite color of my daughter's.


I started the page by adding mist to the paper through the Circular Shawl stencil. Then I added some stamping. First with acrylic paint and the Heart Spangles stamp and then Distress Ink together with different circular stamps from Build a Flower and Chevron Spots sets. On top I then layered the patterned papers and the photo. I used different chippies to embellish the page - hearts, school related pen and scissors and alphas. I used yellow and turquoise throughout the page so the chippies are also treated with those colors. I used embossing powders to treat the chipboard shapes.

You can see how I made the page from the video below. This time I didn't edit the choosing of the chippies and the places for them away as I thought it might be fun to see how I change the design according my choices.

Hope you liked the video! Have a great day! Until next time!



Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, 7 Dots Studio, Canvas Corp, Wow Embossing Powder, Teippitarha, Ranger, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Design Memory Craft

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...