08/08/2015

Dare to spread your wings - Prima August BAP


Hello and happy Saturday! We went for a family vacation to Berlin this week and just got back. Very inspiring city, completely fell in love with it! We spent four days in there and definitely need to get back someday to explore more. It's fun how the first trip to a new place at least in my case means going trough the "basic" sights like Brandenburg Gate; the iconic things that every tourist goes to. And the second, third visit to the same city then offers a change to really explore.  

But back to the layout I'm posting today. It may look very innocent and somewhat similar than my normal pages, but there's something very special about it. It's done for the Prima BAP challenge for August using the BAP sketch. And this time the sketch itself is by me! How awesome, unbelievable is that!



It was so fun to turn my own sketch into a page! When creating the sketch I didn't so much think how it would be executed with papers so it was fun to see it from another point of view when working with it. The main focus for me is the painty layers, the crosses and the curvy line on top. 

I mimicked the curvy line with a torn piece of patterned paper. The shape is not exactly the same but follows the wavy like shape. I highlighted the seam with pencil. As the sketch has a lot of layers, I used different mediums to create similar ones. There's mists, inks and watercolor pencils in the mix. I stamped the title using two different sayings and wrote the journaling on top of correction tape to have it showing more from the background. Two Sugardots and a rhinestone make up the triplet of circles near the photo. 

The topic of the page is the live shows I’m now doing every month – it was a leap of faith but I enjoy them so much! I'm grateful that people attend those and show up every Monday! The shows also teach me much about myself - about the way I work, how I create and what I need to improve. 

Talking about the shows, next Monday Artists Live is having a guest over! Helen Tilbury will create a mixed media layout - here's the event page in Facebook (link). Hope to see you there!

Thank you for stopping by today! Can't wait to see what people create with this sketch! And hopefully you'll pop back here tomorrow as then I share my PPP creation. Have a great Saturday everyone!


Supplies from Prima:

846626 - Free Spirit - “Perceptions”
960001 - Sunrise Sunset – “Del Sol”
846947 - Coffee Break – 6x6 Pad
960728 - Vintage Vanity – A4 Pad
961893 - Clear Stamp Messy 
961374 - Heavy Gesso White
962524 - Mica Powder Gold 
962500 - Mica Powder Green
573782 - Color Bloom Soft Teal
580322 - Color Bloom Deep Teal
573812 - Color Bloom Precious Stone 
891312 - Chalk Edger Rock Moss
891695 - Chalk Edger Pastel Blue
891206 - Chalk Edger Teal Damask
576714 - Watercolor Pencils Basics 
576721 - Watercolor Pencils Spring and Fall 
962067 - Cling Stamp - Now is the Right Time
962005 - Cling Stamp - Don’t Forget to Fly
962050 - Cling Stamp - Rust and Dust
962296 - 7x9 Stencil Alpha
573072 - Free Spirit – Typewriter Keys
573201 - Seashore – Say It In Crystals 
970987 - All About Me – Sugardots


Materials: Prima Marketing, Ranger, Design Memory Craft

2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
Oh my gosh, I love the sketch you prepared and am just starting my page today. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous - wonderful colors and layers. And, the photo of your desk is very cool!

Sarah said...

This is absolutely stunning!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...