19/06/2015

Window of night - Mixed Media Place


Delightful and hopefully sunny Midsummer Evening! Here's a piece I created for the new Mixed Media Place challenge about architecture. First I thought about doing a layout but then the box from some Prima embellishments caught my eye and reminded me of a window.

To get the box look more like a window I traced the dimensions to a piece of cardboard and cut two columns and an arch out of it. With also adding some embellishments I then created a Gothic style window with the all seeing eye and an angel.


But the window itself looked a bit dull. So I had the idea of adding a figure inside the window, peeking through. For that I used one of the Finnabair lady stamps and colored her in blues. There's also same kind of shimmer and bling in her hair than in the window panes. 

The color scheme of the piece is blues, silver and turquoise inspired by velvety autumn nights when the whole landscape is ink colored. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Please join the fun challenge over at Mixed Media Place! We'd love to see you there!


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

     
   
   
  


Materials: Prima Marketing, Tattered Angels, PanPastel, Ranger, Design Memory Craft

6 comments:

enkulin käsityöt said...

IIIK MITEN IHANA.
Mukavaa Juhannusta Sinulle.

Caroline said...

Oh, this is so beautifully creative! To make the columns & arch would be a whole other tutorial for me. Having the stamped woman peeking out is mysterious & the completed window is enchanting because of the gothic design, embellies & my favourite colourways! You truly are a talented mixed media artist! Tfs. C

CarrieStephenson said...

Fabulous. Love the colour and all the detail.

PS. Congrats on making the Prima DT

Riikka Kovasin said...

Suurkiitos :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you - double thanks! :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...