Welcome to Scrap FX blog hop! If you arrived from Katie you're on the right track! If not, please visit the Scrap FX blog first or see the hop order from the link list underneath. But why are we hopping? Because that's fun! But most of all to celebrate - Scrap FX has reached 1000 likes on its Facebook Page and for that we are having a "Tips & Tricks" Blog Hop!
"Each of our wonderfully talented Design Team have been busy creating a special little something for your inspiration and they have shared a special tip or trick! So why not join us for the creative ride? I can assure you our talented DT will not disappoint! You may even win yourself one of 3 fantastic Scrap FX prizes!"
What you need to do in order to have a chance to win one of the prices:
- Visit all the blogs listed below
- Leave a comment to each blog to show you have been there
- And head on back to the company blog and tell what prize pack catches your eye!
- for additional chance go to Scrap FX Facebook, like and share the page
The hop is open everyone, around the globe! You have until noon Tuesday 9th (Eastern Australian time) to participate. So let's get started - here's the list of the blogs:
Riikka (you are here!)
Here's my page for the hop and the trick is underneath - a three step tutorial for the background. The page is about my daughter's birthday. She turned four and wanted a pink princess birthday so that's what she got. I sewed her a pink dress as the present and she wore it in the party. The cake was pink and decorations were pink. So there wasn't any other color to use for the page than pink.
I used mists and water color pencils in the creation of the background. Underneath are the steps:
1) Start by adding some color to your background and use a mask underneath. That's two things at once - color and a pattern! I used the Circular Shawl stencil in my page and misted the page with two Tattered Angel's mists.
2) Then add some more patterns to customize your paper. I continued with the same style of pattern as I stamped with the Build a Flower Stamp set. Both them and the stencil have a circular shape. Instead of ink I used watercolor pencils to transfer the image. First rubbed the pencil to the stamp and then added a touch of water - worked like a charm!
3) Finish the background with some doodling. That always gives a personal touch to the creation. If you don't want to draw by your own you can use a stencil to guide your lines! I doodled some mini circles across the page by using the Random Dots Stencil.
That's my tip and trick! Hope you enjoyed! And of course my tip is also to embellish the layout by using the Scrap FX chippies!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great time hopping! Your next stop is Song!
Materials from Scrap FX:
Materials: Scrap FX, Prima Marketing, Tattered Angels, Design Memory Craft, Um Wow Studio, 7 Dots Studio, Teippitarha