17/06/2015

Holiday - Scrap FX


There's a Finnish song titled, roughly translated, "well now, has it become summer in the middle of winter". So this post could be a mirrored version of that - Christmas in the middle of the summer! But I have to say to my defense - I still had some Christmas photos to scrap and most of all, the new chippies called the Antique Cutlery from Scrap FX reminded me about Christmas dinner!


I chose not to do a red layout but instead went with green as it suited this season better. And it's the color of the Christmas tree as well! In the photo my two daughters are decorating the tree in the dining room. They had so much fun deciding where to put the decorations and my mom and myself were lifting them from time to time to get some decorations to the top branches as well. 

I started the page by misting some lime green to the background through a Fleur Motif mask. Then I layered the Ornate Clock Large on top and continued the design with the Flourish chippies I colored black - to make them almost blend in with the clock. The Antique Cutlery pieces then became the decorations and had a metallic rub smeared to them to get them antique silver looking.

Thank you for your visit today! I have another page to share with the new Scrap FX chippies as well and it's not Christmas-like at all, promise!


Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, Canvas Corp, Tattered Angels, Design Memory Craft, 3rd Eye, American Crafts, 7 Dots Studio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...