06/04/2015

Mechanical Man - Finnabair Creative Team


Happy Easter! It seems my blog is turning into a brown one as the projects I've recently shared all have that color in common! Today I'm sharing a piece done for Finnabair team.

I was pondering what to do this month but then the solution presented itself in a funny way. I was just about to leave work when I noticed some perfume bottles in the corridor with a note “free for grabs”. Among the bottles was one by Jean Paul Gaultier, a male shaped bottle. I really like the fragrance JPG has in his women’s line, but the shape drew me closer and then it hit me. An altered perfume bottle!


I wanted to give the bottle a complete make-over so I started by painting it white with gesso and then created a paper of my own to be glued on top. I guess it was the Mechanicals I was thinking of using as decorations in the first place that made me think of reds and oranges. Considering the bottle was teal before I started the end result is quite far off from the posh look it had before.


Like always, I recorded a video of my process. As it took some time to make the “Mechanical Man” I cut the video more of step-by-step style so you don’t have to watch me craft for hours! I hope you’ll enjoy!

Thank you for stopping by today! Until next time!


Materials used:




Materials: Prima Marketing, Scrap FX, Wow Embossing Powders, Ranger, Talens, Tattered Angels

4 comments:

  1. Wow, he´s so unique and simply awesome. Such a creative piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool piece - I would never have thought to scrap a cologne bottle. You are just amazing Riikka <3 the colours and all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...