30/03/2015

Shoot for the moon - ScrapFX



Hello Monday and hello world! Last Saturday was great as I delivered the mixed media guitar to its new home in Stockholm, Sweden and got to meet Andi Kravljaca in person. Yay! Shooting for the moon and being among the stars, right? He has an amazing voice, so if you haven't hear any project where he's singing, try out this piece at Soundcloud from Jesus Christ Superstar.

But what I'm sharing today is the first of the two I created for ScrapFX this month using the new chippies. The other one is blue and for that one I treated the chippies with silver embossing powder. The other one is brown and for that I left the chippies untreated. It's fun how much the chippies can change just by coloring and treating them with different mediums!


This page is done using the big "Shoot for the moon" chippie. I found the phrase really inspiring and decided to make it almost the center of my page. I included the photo of my first born in the page as well, making the layout like an encouragement for her. We try to emphasize to our little ones that they can do anything they set their mind and heart to.

I started the page by adding some mist and acrylic paint to the background. The misted details are almost lost underneath the layers that came on top, but I used the Alpha Stencil in there. First I misted the color on top of the stencil and then used it like a stamp transferring the mist to the page. While misting the color remember to use the wrong side so that the end result has the letters the right way. On the other hand, as you are building the background it doesn't matter so much if the Gs and Hs are flipped.

I also added some stamping to the background with the "School Spot" stamps. Besides the big phrase chippie I also included one of the circular ones from the "Star Theme Pack". Can you spot it in the page?

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great, crafty week!


Products used:



Materials: ScrapFX, Canvas Corp, 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Wow Embossing Powders, 3rd Eye, Flair for Buttons, Prima Marketing, Design Memory Craft

6 comments:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Tosi ihanat yksityiskohdat ja värit.

Frollein Rabenschwarz said...

Beautiful! Love that chippie.

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh, Riikka, I love that page - and the sentiment chippe is wonderful!!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Suurkiitos :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you! The sentiment is so great!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you - indeed it is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...