28/01/2015

Rowan - GDT C'est Magnifique Kits


Hi there! During the next week or so I'm sharing my final guest designs for C'est Magnifique. This time I was working with the February kit. I loved the metallic shades it has! I created three layouts and one book cover in total so there's going to be a few posts. If you wish to take a look at the kit and the paper add-on, please visit C'est Magnifique store (link) or blog (link)!

This first page is about autumn and rowan. I really like the contrast of the dark branches and the red, almost luminous berries when the autumn sun hits them. To my surprise and delight one of the papers from the kit had rowan branch and two waxwings sitting on it. That paper fitted to my subject marvelously! I started by painting some watercolor to the background and then doodled little circles to resemble the circular shape of the berries. I also made little clusters of pearls confetti style. Underneath you can see the video how I did the page.


I mostly used supplies from the kit, like the metal flower and die cuts and the zipper pull, but also added something from my own stash. Those items include a brown ink, black felt pen, pencil and the alpha stickers.

Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: Blue Fern Studio, Fabscraps, Heidi Swapp, Kaisercraft, Mepxy, Prima Marketing, Luminarte, Ranger, American Crafts, Design Memory Craft


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...