31/07/2014

Watching the birdie - My Details workshop


I had this amazing opportunity to get to the My Details workshop in the spring. It felt like a jackpot as I had just realized that making page about me could be a really good thing for the kiddies, too. So I felt so eager to start. And then life happened. I'm not sure what changed my schedule completely during last spring but after months I'm just now getting to the "normal" work rhythm again. Or should I say to my work rhythm as I'm a bit strange in that way... But anyway - I was so disappointed not to be able to do the workshop right then and also to support Kristin. Luckily the lessons weren't going anywhere, so I just could leave them for a while.

So better late than ever - last week I had the opportunity to take in the first lesson and be inspired by it! And oh boy, I found it so inspiring! I had tens of stories popping to my head. The workshop has a "then" and "now" theme, too, so I decided to use them both. Here's the first page I created, about now although the photo is taken last fall. The little black dot on top of the antenna in the picture is a teeny tiny owl. I just love seeing and watching the nature in the hood. We live almost in the city center but in a kind of oasis with little specks of forest and park. I love it here.


I started the page by applying some gesso in the paper and then misted a subtle chevron pattern there. On top I added some splashes of mist. Then I layered the patterned papers, added some embellishments and used letter stickers for the title. This was a really quick page but finally I got that tiny owl scrapped! Luckily before I forgot what the photo was of, as there's no telling from the shot what the little blob is. 

I'm tackling the workshop during my summer vacation so be prepared the topics of "My Details" popping in DT assignments and in other creations! Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: Sodalicious, Tattered Angels, 7 Dots Studio, 3rd Eye, Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Talens, Ranger, Design Memory Craft

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...