07/12/2013

Miss you mami - CSI #101


It's Saturday! This page is done for the CSI challenge and it's Case File #101.  All the December files are connected to Christmas and I decided to use the linked Testimonies in these Cases. This first gave me the topic: "Who do you wish had been a part of your day?" And I actually didn't have to think twice. 

My maternal grandmother died when I was about ten. She was a major influence in my life and we were really close. Sometimes I think about how wonderful it would have been  for her to see her grandchildren or be at our wedding or one thing or the other. But it was not to be. Most of the pictures of her are at my parents, but I managed to find this one piece in my own keeping. It's a shot of me together with her at some party. 

I wanted to make a really soft, almost romantic layout about her. I chose to use a lot of Prima elements, but made it a bit grungier with black details and mist. 

Evidence: frames, numbers, silver accents, something shiny, circles, Christmas/holiday accents, something transparent

Testimony: Choose a December prompt from here (link) - Who do you wish had been a part of your day?


Se on lauantai! Tämä sivu on tehty CSI:n haasteeseen #101. Kaikissa joulukuun haasteissa on jouluun liittyvä teema ja tällä kertaa päätin käyttää haasteiden linkkivinkkejä omiin tarinointeihin. Tähän sivuun sain siis aiheen: "Kenen olisit halunnut olevan osa päivääsi?" Minun ei tarvinnut miettiä kahdesti. 

Äidinäitini kuoli kun olin noin kymmenen vanha. Hänellä oli suuri vaikutus elämääni ja olimme läheisiä. Joskus mietin, miten hienoa olisi, jos hän olisi näkemässä lapsenlapsenlapsensa tai mitä hän olisi sanonut häissämme tai muuta. Mutta niin ei käynyt. Lähes kaikki perhevalokuvat ovat vanhemmillani, mutta onnistuin löytämään omista kansioistani tämän otoksen. Siinä minä ja hän olemme jossain juhlassa. 

Halusin tehdä sivusta hyvin pehmeän, lähes romanttisen. Käytin paljon Prima Marketingin tuotteita, mutta lisäsin rouheutta mustilla yksityiskohdilla ja misteillä. 

Evidence: kehykset, numerot, hopeaiset yksityiskohdat, jotain kiiltävää, ympyrät, jouluaiheiset koristeet, jotain läpinäkyvää 

Testimony: Valitse tarinointiajatus täältä (linkki) - Kenen olisit halunnut olevan osa päivääsi? 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Talens, Tattered Angels, My Mind's Eye, 7 Dots Studio, Epiphany Crafts, 3rd Eye, Ranger




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother. Romantic and grungy, love it.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...