03/09/2024

B for Bird - a guest project for GelliArts


Hi there! Today I have something exciting to share! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know this already, but I'm participating to Gelli Arts's ABC Printing Challenge as a guest! A was for animals and yesterday B was for birds and my two crow earrings were shown! You can see all the challenge letters here (link) in Gelli Arts Instagram post.

This opportunity actually came via my friend Marsha Valk (link). She named me a couple of letters and I was immediately inspired by a couple of them. This B was one of those and I was jumping with joy as I got it! I mean, of course I could have just done it taking part of the challenge, too, but I felt really happy to be able to make a Reel for Gelli Arts. 

So, if you want to see how I made these gel printed earrings, please head over to Instagram! They were a bit trial and error, as the shrink plastic proved to be a bit more challenging surface to print on than absorbing paper! Makes total sense now, but... If I'd do these earrings now again, I probably would make less layers to the print. Maybe just adding the paint markers doodles to the plate and then already pulling the print. That way the pattern might transfer better to plastic and after shrinking the surface wouldn't be so bubbly. Although I have to say that I quite like both - the weathered looking print as it's not perfect AND the slightly textured surface!

If you have any questions about these, please let me know! Have a great start to the week and happy printing!


Materials: Gelli Arts, CC Hobby, PaperArtsy, Posca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...