13/02/2024

Wonderful Secret - an art journal spread


Hello hello and happy new week! On Friday I shared an art journal spread with a process video. In it I made two spreads using the same background layers, just flipped. Today I share the other one of the two spreads.

Like I said earlier, my goal was to use the same background but two different compositions on top. While recording, though, I remembered the goal a bit wrong and picked two somewhat similar focal points. Or rather, just one focal point to each. Oh well... 

I've embedded the video underneath again, if you haven't seen it yet - or if you want to watch it again with a new pair of eyes, so to say, in connection to this spread.


Like with the other spread, I used word stickers to write a little story to the spread. Maybe it could be more hints of a story, to leave the interpretation open? But I do love to spin a tale in my head when doing art journaling! 

How about you? Do you include words or stories in your art journaling and if so, what form do you use?

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely week!


Materials:

Fabriano - Accademia 160g cardstock
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Summer sky, Blue jeans, Snowflake, Butternut
A.B.Studio - ID-1384 newspaper stamp
Ranger - Distress Ink Faded jeans
Posca - PC-1M white
A.B.Studio - Merry Christmas die cuts ID-158
Kuusade - Moon phases stickers
P13 - Soul Mate sheet 03
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Paper Dolls Portraits TH94233
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Paper Dolls Groups TH94137
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Gauge dials TH94225
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Transparent things TH94241
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Chitchat sticker book TH92998
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Halloween 2023 sticker book TH94335
tiny tags, washi tape, label stickers
double sided tape, craft glue, stapler, foam tape
scissors, paper cutter, brushes, inking tool, palette knife



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...