15/09/2023

The wonderful lady of the post office - A.B.Studio


Hello there and happy Friday! Today I have an art journal spread to share with you. I made it with a process video for A.B.Studio. As often, I again mixed different collections.

Even though collections are usually "color coordinated" so their palette matches and you can mix the patterns freely, I still like to mix things up. Maybe it's got to do with the patterns and everything matching so I wish to have a bit of contrast or juxtaposition. But what I often use as my guide when mixing collections is the colors. In this project, though, I had another rule of thumb, too. I wanted the elements to have a vintage air about them. 

If you want to see how I made the spread, please see the process video underneath.


What I also love, besides mixing collections, is to make stories. Like in here I chose letters and envelopes as the motifs behind the main character. In the first stage this meant that I had a wide range of stories available with pen pals, genealogy, reporters, politicians and so forth. Along the way I started seeing this lady as a post office clerk. From that a bigger story spun in my head and I chose the little snippets of text to accompany it. I might have said it before, but I say it again - I often don't journal the whole thing to my project but more give little details so that others can make up a story of their own.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a nice Friday and a great weekend! May it be a crafty one!


Materials from A.B.Studio:

Other:
Paper Garden - Aava tape
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Clear gesso
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish Snowflake, Firebird, Taro Milk Tea
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Paperdolls Portraits #TH94233
craft glue, double sided tape, foam tape
scissors, paper trimmer, stapler, brush, brayer, palette knife




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...