01/09/2023

Foolish mortals - Paper Garden


Welcome, foolish mortals, to see my first September post! ...I guess that doesn't sound quite haunting when you read it. So please imagine it with creaking hinges, eerie music and some mist and cobwebs as this is my first Halloween make this year! 

If someone made me choose between black and white gesso, I honestly don't know which I'd choose. I guess the practical side of me would go with the white one, but the goth side would insist on black. I mean clear gesso would be the safest bet, but if it was just white and black, that would be hard. There's a point in the rambling about gesso which connects to this piece and that's the goth side. While I make flowery, even romantic cards, I also make eerie projects with skulls. The goth side pops up especially when I use darker colors or when it's Halloween.

For this card I rummaged through my Paper Garden stash and chose elements that would go with the theme. You can see how I made the card from the process video below. 


I found all sorts of lovely elements for the card from the Paper Garden supplies, but missed a focal point. For that I chose this raven and cage stamp I have had in my stash for quite a while. If you've been following me for a while, you should know that anything crow or raven related - yes please, I'll have one. In conjunction with Halloween, the raven always makes me think about Poe: "Quoth the raven, Nevermore". In this case he doesn't say nevermore, though, but instead the sentiment is from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream: "Lord, what fools these mortals be!". 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a pleasant start on September, a nice Friday and great, hopefully sunny weekend!


Materials by Paper Garden:

Other:
Stampendous - Uncaged Raven CRW216
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Ranger - Distress Crackle Paste
A.B.Studio - A piece of cake "Family Time" 12x12
Prima Marketing - Watercolor Confetti set
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Little Black Dress
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Ephemera Snippets Number Strips #TH94222
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Halloween Skulls and spiders charms #TH94161 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Halloween Tokens #TH94064
white, grey and black cardstock
baker's twine
paper cutter, scissors, stapler
craft glue, double sided tape, foam tape





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...