04/07/2023

Good things come to good people - a set of ATCs


Hi there and happy Tuesday and also great new month! It's July, my birthday month and height of summer. Today I have some ATCs for you. Unlike usually, all of these are already spoken for - two of them are traveling to a new home by post and one is hanging at the ATC trade place at Mic&Mim, a Finnish craft store in Helsinki. 

The backgrounds of the cards are done using left overs. I was doing some gel printing and I was cleaning the brayer and the plate to these A5 sized bits. I then used parts of one of them here. I really loved the grungy look of it - like an old wall or piece of furniture with several paint layers done over the years! 

I used some Idea-ology ephemera to make a little backdrop for the paperdolls on top. I tried to mimic the colors present in the paint layers with the choices of the ephemera. I sewed the little bits in place. To have a some kind of chair or a place to sit in, I then used a flower cut from A.B.Studio papers behind the vintage photo. To finish each card I added a word sticker and a button.

I really liked doing this set! It was this little project between projects and I enjoyed turning the left over pieces into something. Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a great day!


Materials: Tim Holtz Idea-ology, GelliArts, PaperArtsy, A.B.Studio









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...