19/04/2023

Rococo brooch - PaperArtsy


Hello there and nice Wednesday! Today I have something a bit different for you - some rococo brooches! These are created for PaperArtsy and go with the current "Mail Art" theme. You can see the theme post here in PaperArtsy's blog (link).

I pitched for a few projects within this theme, but I'm really happy that this one was chosen! I love to do something different every now and then and an assignment gets me there better than if I just craft on my own. You know how easy it is to get stuck in your known groove? Although I must say, that these were partly in my zone, too, as I've used the wooden buttons as a base before. They are really handy for jewelry bases and I love the little dome they have. 

I would sometimes love to really track how my mind works as it jumped quite quickly from the postage stamps in jewelry to rococo color scheme. Like I write in the PaperArtsy blog post (link), rococo women's wear is a period I studied while writing my thesis. It's also been a visual candy for me since childhood, which is quite fun as I've never been into frills and white cascading lace in my own style. But somehow still my mind immediately jumped from the postage stamps to pale peach and smoky blue colors and I then followed that train of thought. 

If you wish to see a step by step version how I made the brooches, please head over to PaperArtsy blog (link). I've also tried to open my process a bit there even though I'm not always totally sure myself how my brain makes the creative leaps! You can also find the materials in the post, linked in the text.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a fine day!


Materials: PaperArtsy, Ranger, Prima Marketing, Sinelli, Eurokangas








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...