01/03/2023

Lost Shadow and Soulful Laugh - a couple of cards


Hi there and happy new month! I'm a bit behind on sharing things, as I usually work a month ahead so when ever something new comes along, it isn't until some weeks later that I can share it. But here's some cards I made playing with "Lost Shadow" for the first time.

I usually tend to get the Distress Ink version first and if I like it, then choose to buy the Oxide as well. But this time I did the opposite - I bought the Oxide first and now I'm pondering about getting the ink as well. I figured out that such a light color like "Lost Shadow" would work better in my use as an Oxide.

Here I created that misty, splodgy background first by dragging a piece of black cardstock through a puddle of color. After I dried that with a heat tool, I then added a stenciled layer on top by applying the ink through a self cut stencil. On top I made some clusters using black and white ephemera and then added a Tim Holtz paper doll on top. I added an eyelet to both to add a piece of twine to get something soft to them, to add another texture.

Have you played with a new medium recently? 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great day!


Materials: 
Ranger, Tim Holtz, Cricut, Sizzix





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...