03/03/2023

Birds of a feather - a set of ATCs


Moikka! Tweet, tweet! That's bird talk and means the first process video of the month is here! I blogged some owl ATCs not so long ago so these birdies kind of continue the same thing. This time it's a flock of different birds and not just one species. 

The birds are from a Fabrika Decoru sticker sheet. I wanted them to be a bit sturdier, so I first adhered them to an old book page. I cut the birdies loose with a little edge, so there's some of that old paper color there as well as the visual texture of the text. The backgrounds for the birds I made using watercolor as you can see from the process video underneath. I used a wet of wet technique I have used sometimes and that's really easy but effective! 


As you could see from the video, I also made little nests for the birds using sisal. Or maybe they are more like wreaths, highlighting the bird. I wanted the fiber to stay quite fluffy, so I used a stapler to mount the ring in place. That way it'll stay put but still retains it's texture. 

After the background, nest and bird, the cards needed just a little something to finish. I added a colorful button to each one, kind of balancing the colors of the creature with the background. And I also added a word sticker to each. 

As always, if you want to do a swap or just get one of these, please let me know! 

Have a great weekend! And thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: Fabrika Decoru, Prima Marketing, Ranger, Tim Holtz






1 comment:

darcie said...

These are so beautiful Riikka! I have been so anti stickers but never thought to put them on old paper and cut out. Absolutely love the backgrounds as well. Need to get myself a round paint brush now 🎨 🖌

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...