28/02/2023

Thumbelina - A.B.Studio


Hi there and happy new week! And at the same time, almost happy new month, too! It's the last day of February. It seems it has just speed by this time! 

Today I'm sharing a project I made for A.B.Studio with you. It's a journal page with several lovely elements. Like so often, I went through my stash of materials and picked items that seemed to fit together. I mixed collections in this and even used a Christmas collection in the form of that bird. By juxtaposing the bird and the flowers, which are approximately the same size, to a vintage photo, which is much smaller, I started to think about the story of Thumbelina. Of course the other way to look at it would be that the bird and flowers are in the front, framing a window of sorts and then the person is further away inside, but I kind of liked the idea of miniature seamstress, that sparked my imagination. 

I layered different papers on top of each other and also added some ink and stamping in there. I finished the page with some white splashes in order to fit the bird better in. You see, the bird had the white "splashes" already, being from a winter, snowy collection, and by adding the splashes, it doesn't pop out that much anymore. 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you a great start to March! 


Materials from A.B.Studio:









1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Kaunis ja on kyllä paljon ihania yksityiskohtia.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...