11/08/2022

Be Your Hero - Art Daily Cafe


Moikka moi! Today I'm showing my take on the month’s Art Daily Cafe theme and colors. The theme was “in search of land of unicorns, on the other side of the rainbow”, technique 3D and colors all the colors of the rainbow. You can see the theme announcement post here (link).

I drew my inspiration from two sources. The background was inspired by Iris Fritschi-Cussens‘s Creative JumpStart lesson (a post about it here, link) and the cluster on top got its inspiration from the challenge collage. You can see similar sticks on it, in the bottom left corner. It was so fun wrapping some branches with the colorful threads! They also bring the required dimension to the page. Actually, they bring so much dimension to the page that the journal won’t shut properly anymore. But that’s not a problem – I love my journals chubby! That makes me feel they’re really used and filled!

Another source for the dimension is the background, that was inspired by Iris Fritschi-Cussens’s Creative JumpStart lesson, like I said. The texture is more subtle of course than the highly dimensional branches, but still, the background isn’t flat! Iris used a brayer to convey texture and that blew my mind! I’ve been now adding colors using a brayer so much more than before seeing the lesson. Of course, I used brayer with the gel printing plate, but otherwise it’s always been a palette knife or a brush. It’s so important to open yourself to new things, don’t you think?

As you can see, there’s no unicorns on my page. I first thought to make one as my focal point but couldn’t find an angle. I also was distracted by the color choices as I hardly ever use the whole rainbow palette in a project! But when I decided just to do a representation of the rainbow, it got easier. That way I could just play with color and didn’t have to worry about the rest.

For the sentiment I combined a couple of different ones from the Art Daily sticker pad. I love making little stories like this – using word stickers or cut out words from old books. This time the story is more like a guideline than a story: “Be with those who help your being your own hero”.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a rainbow filled week!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Wennström, A.B.Studio





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...