26/11/2021

Hello Friend, Believe - Grafix


Hi there! Some weeks ago I shared my first project for Grafix using their new Mixed Media Journal. It was a blue toned one (link) but with this second project I went with reds and oranges. But there's some elements that are the same in these two pages - I used the same stencil and stamp in both. 

I'm drawn to blues and turquoises, but it was fun to do a vibrant autumn page with red, pink and yellow. To emphasize the autumn feel I cut a maple leaf shaped mask. What interests me in the Grafix products is the possibility to make overlapping layers and little windows to layers underneath as some of the materials are transparent. 

Underneath you can find the process video. If you'd rather see a step-by-step version, please visit Grafix's site (link).


Where as with the Wet Media Dura-Lar I wanted to use translucent and watery mediums, with this page I wanted to use opaque mediums and create a window to show what's underneath. In order for that to work I needed a way to mask the area and add an opaque medium otherwise. Acrylic paint worked fantastically on it. For the masking I used Grafix's Frisket Film. 

As I chose to use a Tim Holtz paper doll as my focal point and chose a pair who were sitting, they needed something to sit on. For that I created a little plank out of thick chipboard. I don't show that process in the video, but if you want to imitate that, you can see the steps here (link) in an earlier blog post


Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a pleasant weekend! And don't forget the Creative JumpStart sale on Monday! I'll share more information about it tomorrow!


Materials from Grafix: 

Mixed Media Journal
Matte All-Purpose Frisket Film
Natural Chipboard

Other: 

GelliArts: Gel printing plate 5”x7”
PaperArtsy: Fresco Finish acrylic paint Terracotta, Vintage Lace
CCHobby: PlusColor acrylic paint Crimson Red, Pumpkin, Yellow Ochre
Prima Marketing: Finnabair Bubbles stencil
Carabelle Studio: Circles Galore by Birgit Koopsen
Ranger Ink: Archival Ink Sunflower
Posca: PC-3M Yellow, PC-1M Black paint marker
Prima Marketing: Wire Thread Sunshine
Ranger: Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Prima Marketing: Art Extravagance Paper Texture Paste
Tim Holtz: Idea-ology Paper Dolls Groups
Tim Holtz: Idea-ology Metallic Sticker Book

Scissors
Brayer
Sponge
Heat tool
Paint brush
Stapler
Craft glue
Foam squares


Materials: Grafix, PaperArtsy, GelliArts, Ranger, Tim Holtz, Carabelle Studio, Posca, Prima Marketing, Sinelli








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...