01/07/2021

Night in the woodland - Finnabair Brand Ambassador


Happy Thursday! Today I'm sharing my take on the June Finnabair Brand Ambassadors theme post. You can see the original post here (link). The theme of the creations was "Vintage found object elegance". 

What a marvelous theme! I could have chosen a variety of different items for “vintage found objects elegance” theme, but I had been wanting to do something to this tin for quite a while, so I used this theme as a motivator to get me going. Although I must be honest, the tin is not actually that old. I bought it from a store not that long ago. But it could have been a vintage tin! I just haven’t had the luck to find one yet.

To turn my tin a bit older looking and thus better fitting to the theme, I treated the exterior with hints of mediums. I dulled its shine using wax and Impasto paint. I also added just a teeny hint of rust effect paste to the edge to give it more age.


The bigger elegance (I hope) and treasure is inside the box. Inside you can also find actual found items like the little light bulb, a coin and some sewing supplies. The deer is something I have had in my stash for a while now. I think it is from my mother’s treasures – she used to collect miniature things. I have a faint recollection though that I’ve removed the deer from a souvenir plate of sorts and just stored the deer. But anyhow, that was my jumping off point for the “nighttime in the woods” scene inside. While the right side is the woods, with the fern mimicking trees and a Mélange pebble playing the moon, the left side is more of a collection of items. I did use leaves and flowers there, too, to keep the inside cohesive, but it’s not a woodland scene as such. The text strip says: “Well, I did see it. Are you coming?”.

As the inside was a magical golden deer in moonlight, I painted the tin black using black gesso. I then made the composition using Heavy Body Gel as my adhesive and after drying, I painted those elements black, too. I then mixed different blues to get that inky night feel and added golden and white splashes to represent stars. There is also some glitter paste to mimic ground, glistening dew drops or fireflies.


I really enjoyed making this little piece and now I crave to do more! Maybe I need to purchase a couple of more tins…

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a magical day! 


Materials from Finnabair Studio:

Decorative Chipboard Steampunk Blooms
Art Basics Heavy Body Gel
Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel
Art Basics Heavy Gesso White
Art Basics Heavy Gesso Black 
Art Alchemy Impasto acrylic paint Burlap 
Art Alchemy Metallique acrylic paint Ancient Coin 
Art Alchemy Metallique acrylic paint Royal Blue 
Art Alchemy Opal Magic acrylic paint Blue-Violet 
Art Alchemy Sparks acrylic paint Magical Pond 
Art Alchemy Metallique wax Vintage Gold
Art Alchemy Metallique wax Old Silver 
Art Alchemy Matte wax Rusty Red 
Art Alchemy Matte wax Rusty Brown
Art Extravagance Texture Fantasy effect paste set Junkyard Treasures
Art Extravagance effect paste Golden Dragon 
Art Ingredients Mélange Art Pebbles 
Mechanicals Metal Blooms 
Mechanicals Woodland Leaves 
Mechanicals Woodland Ferns
Mechanicals Gears 

Materials: Prima Marketing, Posca






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...