02/07/2021

Moonlight butterfly

Hi there and happy Friday! Friday means the start of the weekend but also a new video in my YouTube channel. This time I made a process video of a card for it. 

Some time ago I purchased beautiful wax seal stamps from Finnish Kuusade (link). The moment I saw them in her shop I just had to make an order as they were so beautiful and so unique! With the parcel came also a small sample of the waxes she has now in her shop. They are made out of bees wax and are shaped as little crescent moons! (The name of the shop, Kuusade, means "moon rain" in Finnish.) 

As you can see from the process video below, I started by making the seals. This way, making the seals separate and not on top of the project, I can remelt a seal if it turns out bad, if I mess up with the stamp for instance. 


I just adore the combination of blue and brown. Together they also create such a wonderful tone! For the background I used a blue watercolor palette but added the brown details using a brown spray ink. I did treat it like watercolor, though. I really like how the spray pushed the watercolor away a little creating patches of brown with a mix of blue and brown around them. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful, creative weekend! 


Materials: Kuusade, Prima Marketing, Aladine, Ranger






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...