30/06/2021

Farewell Seth Apter Creative Team

 

Hi there and wonderful Wednesday to all of you! Today is the last day of June, which means a farewell to a wonderful team of crafty professionals - the Seth Apter Creative Team.

It has been a wonderful time with much learning. I'm so grateful for this opportunity and time as a member of the team. I have loved learning about new products, playing with them and doing the trio posts using them. In fact I've liked doing the posts so much that I'm continuing doing them, at least for a while. I've already recorded the July trio and can't wait to show it to you. 

Seth asked us to make a post with our favorite piece from the term. First, it was from October 2020 to March 2021 but we got three months extra as the term continued to June 2021. I've loved doing all the projects so it's hard to choose just one. Instead, I thought to share my favorite projects of my team mates here. So, let's get started. I'm using the above photo as my guide going from top left to bottom right in rows. 

Robyn McClendon - I chose a video by Robyn to be linked here. There's gel printing, collaging, stamping, color theory, composition... Loads of info and ideas! Robyn creates a pack of inspiration cards in the video using one of the Seth stamp sets. Here's the link to the video (link). I just love the cubist feel of the cards, the solid color areas and the words on top of old Japanese paper. Just gorgeous and so inspiring! You can see the cards ready in the video as well, but here's a link to Instagram photo showing some of those cards, too (link).

Rachel Bellamy - I chose also a video by Rachael to be linked here. In it she's showing gel printing, layering stencil patterns and creating bold tribal marks. You can see the video here (link). To me personally the biggest joy of watching her create comes from those bold marks. I love how smoothly and without any hesitation Rachel draws the bold black marks on top of the layered print. And the final details of adding the white with a smaller brush - like meditation! You can see the finished piece in the start of the video, but here's also a link to the Instagram post with that gorgeous piece of art (link).

Jackie Jimerson - Jackie's style of gel printing was an eye opener for me. Her relaxed air, letting the paints dry and working on multiple plates. I mean wow. So inspiring, so intriguing, so soothing! I've chosen this video by Jackie, where she works with Seth's acrylic paints to make a gorgeous piece of art. You can see the video here (link). I also like how she comes back to the print to add a touch of Payne's Grey for contrast and structure. So fabulous. 

Phoebe Tonosaki - From Phoebe I chose a recording of a Facebook live. You can see that here (link). In it she's creating a gorgeous journal page but giving loads and loads of information about Chinese and Japanese culture, too. She also shows how to carve a small stamp from an eraser. Again, a wealth of knowledge and inspiration! 

Debi Adams - Debi is a master of many things and I love her mixed media art as well as the amazing floral arrangements she does. But I chose this last post of her awesome photography series to be linked here. Here's the link (link). If you haven't read the whole series, please do so now! I might sound parrot as I repeat this all over again - but a wealth of knowledge, ideas, inspiration and tricks! Like using the volume button? What!? 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! If you want to see my Seth projects, you can click here (link) as that's the label for all Seth related posts. You can also see all of our team project in Seth's blog under the design team tab here (link)

1 comment:

Seth said...

Thanks from the bottom of my heart Riikka for being a part of my first ever team. Your contributions have been epic and I have so appreciated your talent, professionalism and all over positive spirit. Already excited to see your July posts :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...