22/07/2021

Embark a soulful journey - day 2


Moikka! It's the second day of this month's Trio - the first Trio after Seth Apter Creative Team. I enjoyed doing the Trios so much that I decided to keep doing them, at least for a while. In this first Trio since Seth posts I'm concentrating on washi tapes.

In the first episode yesterday I made some backgrounds using washi tapes. First I created three different patterned papers using solely washi tapes and then decorated the covers using just some pieces of tape. This is the way I usually tend to use the washi tapes. Although, sometimes the tapes have such a juicy pattern that creating a whole sheet using just them has crossed my mind more than once. 

Today it's about binding the booklet. Well, I start by adding mixed media touches to the cover and the inner pages, but the washi tape part is mostly the binding. Here a good quality washi tape is the perfect thing. A tape that has good adhesion, but can be removed with ease. I guess good adhesion is quite obvious, you want the booklet to stay in one piece, but removing without damaging the paper is also handy. If you get a piece crooked, or need to adjust it no matter the reason, the property of lifting the tape and putting it down again is really handy. 

As you could see from the video, I used a piece of fabric to make the spine for my booklet. This is just a choice based on personal preference to add more textures, more different surfaces to the piece. I could have used a wide washi tape, too, or could have laid thinner ones overlapping to get a bigger piece. But I felt like a fabric detail would be nice and perhaps a fabric is a bit sturdier on the spine than just delicate washi tape. Although, washi tape feels delicate and thin, but washi paper is quite sturdy anyway. 

I'm not sure if I mention it in the video, but the chosen washi tapes determined the whole color palette of the project. As I wanted them to be the highlight, I chose colors to match the palette of the pinks, vintage tea tones and lace-like neutrals. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Hope to see you tomorrow when it's decorating day! 


Materials: Teippitarha, Paper Garden, Prima Marketing, Paper Artsy, Kuusade, Stencil Girl



1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Upeaa jälkeä tuli taas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...