09/03/2021

A Silent Boy - an art journal page


Hi there and good Tuesday! Today I have something special to you. It may not look special, but it is. Do you know why? Because it's not made for any design team or assignment! I made it just for the blog, for you! 

It's done the same way many of my pages come to life - just by starting and letting the project lead me. I started by adding some acrylic paints to the background. It's an easy way to break the blank page and get inspiration flowing. On top of just smeared acrylic I added some stamping using paints and then swapped to stencils. Then I continued the page by adding some stamping. I mixed several stamps to the background adding pattern and also making placement for my composition. I also stamp some of the embellishments. Then it's time just to put everything together and add some doodling. If you want to see, rather than just read how I made the page, please see the video below.


When I had made the background and knew I was going to add the jellyfish to the page, I happened to see the little vintage die cut from Tim Holtz's paper dolls. My first idea was to go with a "under the sea" feel, but the little paper doll made me think about a Beck film title - "Pojken i glaskulan", which translates "the boy inside a glass sphere". Those words then made me think about a diving bell and the old diving helmets so I decided to add the boy to the page. The diving theme in mind, I then chose the line about the silence on the page.

Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Posca, Tim Holtz, Ranger, Carabelle Studio, 7 Dots Studio




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...