08/03/2021

Oy, changing perspective - Art Daily


Hi there and glorious new week! Today I'm sharing an art journal page with you I created for Art Daily Cafe. You can see the original post here (link) and the theme post here (link). The theme is breaking the rules and the color combo is teal and copper.


I mainly used the colors of the month – copper and teal, but added a hint of white and some golden touches in there. Gold was because of the some mediums I used, like “Golden Dragon” effect paste, and white to brighten things up.

I started the page quite normally – not breaking the rules there. I first applied a couple of different teal colored acrylic paints to my journal page mixing matte and metallic. Maybe that’s a tiny rule break? On top I then started building layers but while doing it, I actually went back and forth with the background/foreground and added for example stamping later than I’d usually do. So, for me the breaking the rules part was more like breaking my own rules, my own routine.


Breaking my own process is maybe a little bit lame. Maybe I should have broken some design rules when making the page. But even though I know the rules, I usually use them quite intuitively so intentionally breaking some would need a whole other level breaking of my own process. I should break the flow and really think about each element and its placement. I’ve tried that once and didn’t enjoy one bit! But still, it was important lesson. Made me realize my own way of doing.

For the focal point I chose a die cut porthole but instead of attaching some nice faces inside it, I went with legs. That’s my take on the perspective change. Kind of reminds about changing the perspective when taking photos, too. Most of the photos are taken at eye level, but changing the height, even a little, may make a huge change. I remember 10 years or so ago how Becky Higgins had a Project Life challenge about taking photos with different themes one of them being going low. I took a picture of my daughter playing with Legos from the floor level. I still can see that picture with my mind’s eye!

Thank you for stopping by today!
 

Materials: Prima Marketing, Sizzix, Ranger, WOW! Embossing Powder


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...