07/10/2020

Dimensional sunflowers - Julie Hickey Designs


Hi there and sunny Wednesday! This piece now has a special meaning to me. I made it some time ago, but haven't blogged it previously. Then last Sunday, it was sold during an art sale to benefit Jo Packham. It was an online event, arranged by Seth Apter to help out Jo Packham. You can read more details here (link)


When thinking of a piece I have and could donate to the sell, I saw this little sculpture-like piece on my window sill. I thought the little sunny blooms might be eye-catching and the saying in the base "be thankful everyday" echos the gratitude to be asked to participate. So I chose the piece for the benefit sale. I was so happy when I saw it sold! It's my second ever sold piece, the first being another benefit sale a long time ago. I'm sending this to its new home this week and I'm very excited about it! I hope it spreads joy. 

The piece is done using Julie Hickey Designs stamps. The blooms and the saying are from the "Mini Sunflower" set. The flowers I stamped on top of yellow cardstock, colored with markers, layered with a wire between the layers. The centers of flowers are out of old buttons. The base of the piece is out of air-drying clay first painted black with black gesso and then treated with embossing powder and beads. The little plaque in front is done with triple-embossed piece of cardstock, where I then stamped the saying while the powder was still hot. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a sunny day!


Materials: Julie Hickey Designs, WOW! Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing, Sinelli



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...