06/10/2020

Autumn assemblage - Sizzix

 

A happy autumn Tuesday to you! Today I'm sharing this little assemblage piece I made using Sizzix dies. I added another elements as well, but the base for the embellishments and some accents are made using Sizzix dies. They are from previous collections, not from the brand new chapter 4 which has just launched. You can see the new dies here (link).

The base for the assemblage is a small wooden block. On top I adhered two "tree" pieces made using Bigz "Tree Rings" die and embossing folder. I cut the pieces out of thick cardboard. Instead of using the embossing folder traditional way, putting it through my Sizzix Big Shot, I applied a thick layer of modeling paste on top the pieces, let it dry a little and then stamped the pattern using the embossing folder. After letting the paste to dry totally, I then painted the surface with acrylic paint and treated the bark part with texture paste.

For the embellishments I used dried flowers and skeleton leaves and also some nuts, acorns and a seedcase. On top of those, I cut some mechanical parts using Bigz "Steampunk Parts" die and some gears looking pieces using Thinlits "Stackable Florals" die set. The Thinlits versions are cut from kraft cardstock and the steampunk parts out of thick cardboard and then colored bronze. All of the pieces have rust paste on top.

If you are searching for more autumn or rather Halloween projects, Sizzix has the Halloween Hub open (link)! There's projects, ideas and free printable papers! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Stay safe!

Materials from Sizzix: 



Materials: Sizzix, Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Sostrene Grene, Sinelli




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...