22/07/2020

A black horse ATC


Hello there and splendid Wednesday!Today I'm sharing something special - an ATC I made for Finnabair. Now that the horse has safely reached her destination, I can share it with you. 

Quite a while ago Finnabair and her team had a YouTube hop with free form ATCs. Finnabair did some wonderful steam punk parrots for her cards and I was lucky enough to be fast enough to ask if she'd swap one of them. You can see the parrot video here (link), there's also links to other videos in the hop.


I was ever so happy to have a chance to have a little art piece by her! But then the reality struck - what in earth should I send her?! I pondered and pondered about the card. Quite early on I decided that it had to be a free form one, a traditional one just wouldn't do in this case. But what shape? I didn't want to do a bird even though my first idea was a raven, because that felt too much the same as her birds. Not that I could have done anything like them, but still. 

Then I happened to watch one of her Patreon lives and she mentioned that she likes horses. Ta da, I could do a horse! Or rather, I did a head of a horse, which hopefully isn't too much Godfather styled. I drew a horse shape to a piece of thick cardstock, cut it out, painted it black and started to layer embellishments on top. There's quite a lot of recycled or reused elements in there like a zipper pull and a picture hook. The horse's mane is made out of bristles of a brush.

Even though Jon Oliva's Pain's song "Death rides a black horse" kept playing in my head while I made the horse, probably because it was a black horse then, I wanted it to represent night or night sky. So I chose dark blue, inky blue and purple metallic paints for the first paint layers and added white splashes and touches of gold on top. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a magical day!


Materials: Prima Marketing




1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Voi että osaakin olla ihana ja kaunis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...