03/12/2018

The sun and the moon - Wow Embossing Powder


Hello there! A new month means new challenges! Here I'm sharing something I did to Wow Embossing Powder and you can see the challenge folder at Facebook here (link). The turn of the month also means a new challenge over at 7 Dots Studio. There's been some changes to the challenge and you can see the new mood board and the terms here (link) at 7 Dots Studio's blog

The new challenge at Wow's is "silver / gold". Appropriate for the season and the upcoming new year! But I took a bit of a different route. I'm bad at combining gold and silver in one project, but I still wanted to use them both, not just one or the other. So I thought to make a pair - one silver, one gold.


I started to think what would make such a pair. Naturally I could have just made a project twice using gold in other make and silver on the other take. But I wanted the two to make up a pair of some sort. So then it hit me - sun and moon! So I made two ATCs - one with silver and depicting a moon and one with gold showing the sun shining.

Both cards are made using similar steps starting by adding Fab Foil with double sided tape to the bases and adding black gesso on top. Then there's embossed details and layers and finally some Art Alchemy wax and an embossed circle with the stamped moon or sun. I also included a line from a book to both to give them another element. 

Thank you for stopping by today! If you haven't already - please join in to the fun YouTube hop! Here's a link to the post here in my blog (link). Ta ta for now! 


Products used from Wow Embossing Powder: 



Materials: Wow Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...