04/10/2024

A Touch of Magic - an art journal spread


First Friday of the month obviously means first process video of the month! This time I'm making an art journal spread with some twinkles of magic. You can watch the process video here (link) on my YouTube channel.

Halloween and magic seem to be a theme of the first couple videos of the month. This particular one was inspired by those gorgeous die cuts I fell in love with. I admire their vintage palette and the delicate luster. But, if you know me, the tipping point for me was that crow. When I saw him in the set, I just needed to order it, even though I have plenty of stash already. But it's sometimes nice to get something new so you see the older stash in a different light, right? 

As you can see from the process video, I used alcohol inks to color the background, yet I was working on top of regular cardstock. The trick is to seal the paper before applying the inks, so they're not just a muddy puddle but instead can flow freely. Other option, of course, is to use paper fitting to the inks.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely Friday and splendid weekend!


Materials: 

Stamperia - Fortune ephemera
Fabriano - Accademia 160 g cardstock
Ranger - Distress collage medium
Ranger - Adirondack alcohol ink Denim, Stream, Pesto, Cloudy Blue, Mushroom
Ranger - Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Chalk, Chocolate Pudding, Caramel
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black, Vintage Photo
PaperArtsy - TS065 stamp set
A.B.Studio - Mixmedia thick cardboard ID-290
Tsukineko - Versa Mark ink
Ranger - embossing powder gold
Posca PC-1M white
P13 Paper Products - New Moon stickers 01
art journal
masking tape, washi tape
drinking straw
brushes, scissors, paper cutter, heat tool
foam tape, craft glue, double sided tape







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...