08/05/2024

Black-winged birds shine like silver - an art journal spread


Hiya! Yesterday dragons, birds today! Here's an art journal spread I did combining some elements from my stash. 

Does the background look a bit familiar to you? The bottom layers are the ones I created during a YouTube live some time ago, but while I used monochrome scale on the live, here I added teal and dark blue on top to color the base. I mainly used this Seth Apter spray ink, but added some darker touches using a liquid acrylic, too. I threw some circle doodles in as well.

For the focal points I chose a crow die cut I've been stashing quite a while and a vintage photo die cut. I've been trying to avoid using that photo, because somehow he reminds me of a foreign leader I rather not have decorating a project. To reduce the likeness in my mind, I cut the photo in half and only added a part here.

I used text stickers for the journaling, making up a little story. This time I used Christmas themed stickers, but managed to whip up a tale never the less. "In the cold and frosty air, a vast flock of black-winged birds shine like silver." Come to think of it, maybe the second line was from Halloween sticker book... At least it would fit that theme better than Christmas! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a nice Wednesday!


Materials: Aladine, Sizzix, PaperArtsy, Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Posca, Prima Marketing






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...