16/02/2024

Twinkle little star - a canvas


Twinkle, twinkle little star! It's Friday and a new process video and this time it's a canvas of sorts. As you can see, I didn't use a canvas base for this project, but the composition is somewhat similar - a cluster on top of a flat surface. Although, if that's the definition, then most of my projects are canvases! 

My goal was to make something grungy and I guess it was that transparent moon piece that lead my thoughts to night sky and stars. As you can see from the process video below, I used thick cardboard to make the star shaped base. I only remembered how to do a six pointed star, but luckily YouTube offered a tutorial to draw a five pointed version (link). After drawing the star, I noticed that it could be a bit bigger, so I enlarged it and then added the corrugated cardboard on top. You can see the process after that from the video underneath!


This project allowed me to play a little, as I was building the background texture and going back and forth with colors. As you could see, I first painted the star, then sanded it, then added another layer of color, hid it underneath texture paste and added the color on top again. I enjoy this flowing process very much! It's not purely about the end result, but also about the journey!

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! May it be a crafty one!


Materials:

PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Purple Wine, Pea Coat, Snowflake, Mud Splat, Mahogany, Persimmon
Prima Marketing - Art Extravagance Texture Fantasy texture paste Powder Blue
Prima Marketing - Art Alchemy Metallique wax Old Silver
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Photobooth TH93799
Tim Holtz Idea-ology  - Halloween Layers TH94264
Tim Holtz Idea-ology  - Transparencies Things TH94241
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Snippets ephemera pack Number Stripes TH94222
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Halloween tokens TH94064
Tim Holtz Idea-ology  - Adornments Entomology TH94079
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel
Ranger - Distress Rock Candy clear glitter
thick cardboard
corrugated cardboard
wire, sparkly tulle
pencil
craft glue, heavy gel medium, foam tape
scissors, stapler, compass, inking tool, sand paper





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...