04/10/2023

Reach for the stars - an art journal spread


Moikka moi! Today I'm sharing an art journal spread I did for two reasons - just to make something after a workday and to use some elements from my drawer. 

I have these two little drawers, one that holds dimensional embellishments that are left over from projects and another that holds the die cuts, stamped elements and such. There's also some received pieces in both from ATC swaps. Every now and then I try to use that stash as he drawer is quite overflowing and this art journal spread was one of those projects. 

I used a strip of A.B.Studio paper as my base and mounted some thinner strips of paper on top. I then applied some modeling paste through a stencil to add a bit of dimension to the background. While the paste was drying I gathered some embellishments with a cohesive color scheme. I chose light, vintage tones but also a bright red toadstool. I then layered the elements in and finished the page with the sentiment stickers and stars. The sentiment says "Look up and reach for the stars" in Finnish.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Keep reaching for the stars!


Materials: A.B.Studio, PaperArtsy, Tim Holtz, Ranger



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...