15/08/2022

Sound shows how little we are - Creative JumpStart 2022


Hello there and happy new week! Today I'm sharing yet another piece inspired by Creative JumpStart 2022. This time I was inspired by Jodi Ohl's lesson about intuitive painting. 

I enjoyed this process very much! It was liberating to "just" paint, without any pre-made plans or expectations. I enjoyed making layers and then hiding them again. Eventually something started emerging from the paint and I highlighted it. But I have to say that this time I should have trimmed the paper to the correct size before starting to paint as the piece lost something when I cut it to fir inside my journal! The composition and rhythm was better while the piece was a bit bigger. 

I'm not sure if you see what I see in the painting. I see two dark feathers, which I then decided to be the feathers of a "storm bird". Not the Australian bird species but a figurative creature. Thus the words - "sound shows how little we are", referring to storm and thunder. And yes, there's an S missing as it wasn't in the stickers. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Hopefully no storms for you today! Stay safe everyone!


Materials: PaperArtsy, Posca, Tim Holtz, Stabilo


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...