21/01/2022

A B C D - a set of mixed media ATCs


Fri-yay! And you know what that means? Yes, a process video! This time it's some ATCs.

I got an awesome new stencil just before Christmas. It's designed by Nathalie Kalbach and holds her stencil designs in smaller, ATC-sized forms. This kind of stencil is one of my favorites - a lot of lovely patterns to choose from! So, for this project I wanted to use the stencil and use it to make some ATCs. I also wanted to use some fun technique with it and instead of adding paint through it, I used it underneath my paper and made a rubbing of the pattern, to use frottage. 

I used wax crayons to make the rubbing and then covered the cards using acrylics. With moving swiftly I then could reveal the pattern as the wax resisted the paint color. If you want to see how I made that, please see the video below.


As you could see from the video and the pictures, I tried to keep the elements coming on top minimum. I used some washi tapes to give the paperdolls some backdrop, but you still can see plenty of the resist in the cards. 

When adding the words on top, I wanted them to have a little twist. So, I decided to make little alphabet poems. Only words beginning with As for the first one, then B, C and D for the fourth. I say poems but they are more like list of words, jumping off points or then really dada poems! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!


Materials: StencilGirl, PaperArtsy, Wennström, Tim Holtz, Ranger, Paper Garden






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...