10/09/2021

High Life Hounds - a set of ATCs


Hi there and happy Friday! As you may know by now, a Friday means a new process video on my YouTube channel! Sometimes the video goes up earlier in the week in the channel, if it's for a certain post or a design team assignment. But if it's just for you, then the posting day is Friday! 

This time I made a set of ATCs. I call these the "High Life Hounds". I got inspired by the pictures of the ladies with their pets and turned them into a series of cards. The focal points are cut from cards, but naturally I wanted to make a new mixed media background for them. So I cut the images loose, made the backgrounds and then mounted them on top.


I often start a batch of ATCs with a master sheet. I like that approach for a couple of reasons. For one, all of the cards have a similar element, similar color scheme and similar layers going on, even if I make totally different focal points. And usually there's some pieces of the sheet left after one project so I can use the cut outs in another project or several! The master sheet I'm making in this video actually turned also into three cards and an art journal page. 

As you can see from the video, I used Distress products for the master sheet. I then collaged it with some old receipts and added a pearly script layer on top using Aladine Pearly. To finish the cards I added some more bling by using glitter and beads to add a touh of texture. I also added a golden text sticker to each card and gilded some details of each focal point using a golden Posca paint marker.


As always, these cards are again free for swaps! Or if you just want to receive one, please send me an email. The address is in the side bar, there on the left. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!


Materials: Ranger, Posca, Tim Holtz, Prima Marketing, Aladine, Kreinik












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...