20/09/2021

Give voice to your story - Art Daily Cafe


Hi there! Today I'm sharing my take on the Art Daily Café’s September theme of “Back to the childhood”. As you can see, I was inspired by the pastel candy colors of the mood board as well as the balloons in there. You can see the theme announcement post here (link).

I used a gel print as my background. It had a lovely pastel purple tone and great grunginess as I don’t clean my plate, so each print always has some paint residue. On top I then collaged some bookpaper pieces. As the contrast was a bit too much for the soft tones of the board, I then took a pale pink paint and added that on top. To keep with the theme, I also added some crayon markings here and there as crayons often are the first medium a child is given to express her or his artistic air.


I wanted the focal point to be a vintage photo. I rummaged through my stash to find the right one. At first, I ruled out boys and men as I wanted the character to have a little reference to me. I tested grown women and girls alike on top of the background to find the one with the right mood. I chose this character in the end because of the little bouquet she’s holding. That reminded me about a toy or a teddy bear and the white gown a nightgown.

The balloons behind the girl are cut from gel prints as well. On top I then wrote a childhood memory using a white paint marker. At first I had difficulty to recall the little things but when I concentrated, those memories came flooding in! It was really nice to think about the little moments and snippets and document those. So, thank you for the trip down the memory lane, Tusia! I added the sticker title to the page in reference to documenting your origins, those little things in the childhood as they contribute to who you are today.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful, magical day!


Materials: GelliArts, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, Ranger, Posca, Wennström, Paper Garden



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...