22/09/2021

Alluring Alphabet - DAY 1: Cards


Hello hello hello! It's again time for the Trio! Trios are posts that I started while I was a member of the Seth Apter Creative Team. I enjoyed making the series of three posts so much, that I decided to continue them at least for a while. If you want to see the older Seth Trios, you can find them under this label (link). The Trio posts usually had a topic, or a product, to which I concentrated, like Izink ICE (link). Or I could challenge myself with limited supplies (link) or use one source of inspiration for three pieces, like I did with "Mothers of Kalevala" (link). In a way they are extended versions of the "Inspired By" posts we used to make together with Marsha Valk. You can explore those posts under this label (link).


Last month I tackled gesso but this month I have a completely different approach and theme. While I was a member of the Seth Apter Creative Team, one of the last things I received was a set of marvelous alphabet stamps designed by him for PaperArtsy. As I work ahead, there wasn't any project left for me to use them on and I felt bad. To me they deserved to be highlighted. So, I decided to make them the topic of this month's Trio! In the course of the next three days I'm sharing different takes on the alphabet stamps or in a way, stamps in general. First there's some quite simple cards, then an art journal page and last but not least a mini book.

Where as the two other days have projects that are quite mixed media, these cards are relatively simple coming from me. The idea behind these is to, hopefully, inspire different uses for the alphabet stamps. So they are more playing with words and letters than perhaps the other two.

As always, I recorded a video while making these. They all are made using different colors of Archival Ink, mounted on top of a piece of solid colored cardstock and then on top of a white card base. Cardstock color echoes that of the inks I used to stamp the words.


As you could see from the video and from this post, I made four cards. The first one has the greeting in one color and random letters in another color. Quite straightforward but does the trick! The second card has a similar idea in a way, using two colors, but this time using just two letters. The punch line comes with the sentiment in this case, "You are one of a kind". The third and fourth card then have again a complete words, stamped in a same way. Just once for the third version and twice for the fourth, using two colors and kind of making a pattern rather than legible words. These two also have big stamped sentiments using the same letter stamps. Gradient coloring for the fourth and two-toned for the third. If you want to see closeups, there's quite a lot of those in the end of this post! 

Which one of these is your favorite? 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful day! Please be back tomorrow for a different kind of letter project! 


Materials: PaperArtsy, Ranger, Sinelli, Prima Marketing























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...