07/05/2021

The Way of Beauty - Art Daily Cafe

Fri-yay! It's Friday and soon Mother's Day weekend. Are you all set up for it? I'm working the weekend, so not much celebrations here. I'm blogging my take on the May Art Daily Cafe theme today. I created an art journal page this time and recorded a little video of my process. You can see that further down the post. 

I guess my use of this month’s color of baby pink and theme of anything botanical are easily visible in the page. You can see the theme post here (link). I used quite a lot of pinks in my page. I was going for a pale and sweet, but in the end, I needed to add some black and dark grey in there for contrast and rhythm. For the theme, there’s the stamped blooms around the photo. I also chose the vintage sticker based on the garden theme and also picked stencils that had flower or plant motifs.


I used this month’s technique two ways in my page. The background is done by scratching the gesso layer off from beeswax base, following sgraffito kind of down to letter. But there’s also another sheet done for the page with the idea of revealing layers. It’s not scratching as such, but I did a sheet where I wiped off acrylic paint through a stencil revealing the color laying underneath. The latter is something I’ve done previously and will continue using as a technique, but the pure sgraffito might be a one time thing. Even though I like the texture feel of it, it was a bit labour heavy for my kind of journaling. I have to say, that is was very meditative, though!

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Wennström, Ranger, Sinelli, Teippitarha







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...