25/05/2021

Noteworthy hearts - 31 days of gel printing


Moikka and happy new week! In the course of the month I've been sharing projects inspired by the 31 days of gel printing challenge by Birgit Koopsen. Today's prompt is "orange". The orange inspired me two ways - as color and as a reference to the royal family. 

I printed almost a solid orange block to the background. I say almost as even I only added orange paint to my plate it had some paint residue on top which then lifted and transferred to my page. That's the reason I hardly ever clean my plate really clean as I love that grungy residue! On top of that I then printed a stencil layer using a peachy color.

A queen needed a crown and a scepter, which I made using an orange Posca marker and old book paper. I also made a tape transfer out of a playing card and added that to the background. Two reasons using the transfer rather than the real thing - less bulky and new looking. I wanted the card to be a part of the background and the card looked too layered and too shiny on its own. So, I did a transfer, treated it with some alcohol markers from the back and collaged it in place. Much better looking! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a swell week!


Materials: Gelli Arts, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, Posca





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...