21/10/2020

DAY 1: Breaking a blank page - three stages of an art journal page

 

Hello hello and welcome to my first Seth Apter teamie post! I'm so excited about this! My first post is actually a set of posts. I thought what to do and came to the conclusion that maybe I should keep things simple. Kind of starting from the scratch and continuing upwards. 

So as my first set of posts I decided to break making of an art journal page into three stages. I recorded a video of each stage and will share those videos and stages over the course of three days. 

You can find Seth Apter's site here (link) and more about the Creative team here (link). I've included a list of products to the end of the post with links to Seth's own store. 


In this first post I'm tackling something perhaps intimidating. That is a blank page. I'm showing three easy ways to add a first layer to a piece of cardstock using Seth Apter's Izink dye sprays. They are just basic, easy techniques but there's a reason to it. If the blank space is scary, the best way to get over it is to just add something on top! No need to make special techniques or think too much, just slap some color in there and continue onward! 

I was using the sprays for the very first time in this video, kind of exploring the possibilities a little as well. You can see the three easy ideas in the video below.


Like I said in the beginning, this is just the first post of three. So, please be back tomorrow to see how I continue two of the sheets I created in this video! There's more layers coming. And in the third and last video I make the finished page. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Hopefully see you tomorrow! 


Materials used: 
Prima Marketing Art Basics Clear Gesso
GummiApan Alphabet and Numbers stamp
Carabelle Studio French Lily Background stamp

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks so much for the ideas. I had not thought to spray on a stamp.

Nancy said...

Seth sent meπŸ˜‰ those are all terrific ideas for the use of the sprays. My favorite was the third one, painting with the sprays, the result was beautiful and abstract! Thanks for sharing your ideas and inspiration. ❤️

Karen said...

Love the results of all 3 techniques...and sometimes you don’t have enough time for gelli prints and these are spectacular...πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Jan Aughey said...

Seth sent me! Thank you for your informative video and pictures. The last one was interesting with and without the gesso on the page.

Pnina vitaly said...

Beyutiful very helpful ideas.

Pnina vitaly said...

Thank you very much wonderful ideas

mashley said...

Thank you, thank you, looking forward to more.

Unknown said...

Kudos! Love your “simplicity” in your explanation! Looking forward to watching the video!

Seth sent me too!

Buttonsetc said...

Seth sent me! Thanks for the neat ideas to break a blank page. I don't have the sprays, but Ireally like the effects you achieved. See you tomorrow!

Debi Adams said...

Awesome tutorial Riikka! I’m going to try all these out. That first start is intimidating. You made it look easy.

Cyndi said...

Great tips - a blank page is always a bit challenging - I liked the idea of stamping with sprays

Wilma DeG said...

Very helpful ideas! Thank you.

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birgit said...

Me like IT 😍

The Styling said...

Absolutely charming and brilliant. Great 1st. Time to uncap my spray inks. Thanks. BTW, Seth sent me. And why not! Your so effective in your words and techniques giving us inspiration and motivation. Bravo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...