01/07/2020

Find Yourself - Finnabair Ambassador post


Start of a new month! But let's stay with June just a little more as this piece is my take on the June Ambassador post theme. You can see the original post here (link) with several videos and fabulous projects by Keren Tamir, Kassa Hayselden, Linda M. Cain and me. Keren was the host of the month and came up with the theme of "recycled steampunk".

I really love using recycled or rather re-purposed items in my makes. Adding some found items or items with stories in the mix with bought supplies makes the finished piece much more personal and adds to the interest, too. Junk can be so beautiful!


I actually have a big drawer full of items and then some, but what I try to do, is to go through it once a year so I don’t hoard stuff too long. If I haven’t used a bigger piece within a year, it goes to recycling. But there’s so many gems in there! One of my recent favorites are empty tape rolls, one of which I used here as well. They have such a beautiful design that resembles a gear or a machine part. 

I had been saving this little tin for something fun and now it was a perfect time to alter it. I was hoping it would be a good container for an ATC, but unfortunately it’s a bit too small for that. But I can gather some repurposed goodies inside instead! 

If you wish to see how I made the tin, please see the video below. Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful start to July!



Materials: Prima Marketing






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...