17/02/2020

Flower Power - Sizzix


Hello and happy new week! Today I'm sharing a layout I did using some of the new dies from Sizzix's selection. You can see the whole new release here (link) and if you are a Tim Holtz fan you can see the Tim Holtz selection here (link) including the newbies from the Chapter 1 release. 

I started this page by doing a stencil of my own using Thinlits "Cut Out Leaves" die set together with Making Essentials "Stencil Film". I arranged the leaves into a shape of a semi-circle so when I used it twice I got a whole circle. The stylized wreath now guides the eye in to the photo.


Throughout the layout I used colors somewhat picked up from the photo. I mixed teal and turquoise shades to purple. The flower theme is also carried though the layout starting from the photo and continued in the embellishments and background.  

The biggest embellishments in the page are done using Bigz "Bottled Up" die. I cut the bottles from a monoprinted sheet I had in my stash. The flowers in the bottles and around the photo on the other hand are cut from a cardstock I painted with watercolors. The leaves are from Sizzix cardstock. The flowers, leaves and frames are cut using Thinlits "Geo Floral Frame" die set. There's also some more flowers in the page, just barely peeking underneath the layers and in the upper left corner. Those lacy flowers are cut using Thinlits "Bouquet" die

There's just one more die set used in the page and that's Thinlits "Alphanumeric Classic Lower" die set, which I used to cut the title - "Flower Power". The title connects to the photo - it's taken some years ago when I had a flower painted to my cheek. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great new week! 


Materials from Sizzix: 



Materials: Sizzix, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...