09/09/2019

Hey Goofy You - Wow Embossing Powder


Hello there lovelies! How was your weekend? Crafty, I hope! Today I'm sharing a layout I did for Wow Embossing Powder with you. The theme of the month at Wow is "self-made embellishments" and the first thing that popped to my head was the half pearls you can make using embossing powders. I also made some other embellishments of a sort to the page, too.

The topic of my page is my younger daughter who is a little show woman. I took this picture while she was helping me to take a few photos by holding the background upright and popped her head to the shot. That grin and the impulsiveness of the situation tell a lot about her, kind of is her. 


I wanted the page to be happy and whimsical, like she is, so I used pinks and peachy colors in it. I first created the background using one of the new stamp sets by Marion called "Round and Round". Then I added some watercolor in the mix. After that was the time to create the embellishments - I used "Bright White" embossing powder to make myself a self-made transparency and "Queen of Hearts" to make the title. I coated the wooden letters with it but also embossed a piece of cardstock and used a die to cut the letters from it. 

Lastly I put everything together and created the little pearls using Melt-It products. The idea of them is the same than this Technique library piece "Free form shapes" (link) but instead of continuous pouring, you just pour a drop at the time.

If you rather see the process than read it, please see the video underneath! 


A note about the transparency - if you are making one, make sure that the transparency you are using is heat resistant! Otherwise you'll end up with funky shapes and a smell of melting plastic. For a different take on the transparency embossing, please check this older video of mine (link)!

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the video!


Products from Wow Embossing Powder: 



Materials: Wow Embossing Powder, American Crafts, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Sizzix, 7 Dots Studio







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...