15/06/2019

Moon Crawlies - GDT Piatek Trzynastego


Heippa! It’s time to share my second guest post to Piatek Trzynastego! Are you familiar with the brand already? If not, you can read more about them here (link) and see and familiarize yourself with the beautiful new collections here (link). On the other hand, if you's like to read this post in Polish, you can see the original guest post in the company blog here (link).

In the last project I used the delicate “Awakening”, but this time I went with the dramatic “New Moon”. Oh, such a gorgeous collection! If I had the possibility, I’d be a total night owl, so I find the star and moon patterns irresistible. 


As a child I was captivated by ancient Egypt. Three icons got my attention especially – Anubis, the canine headed god, Bast, the cat headed goddess and the holy scarab beetle. As this collection shows the beetle, I knew I had to include that into my work somehow. I was thinking of a card or a layout, but in the end instead of just including it, I decided to make it the star. So, I made a set of six ATCs showcasing the beautiful creepy crawlies of the collection.


I’ve never feared the creepy crawlies and I’m the one in our family who always takes every creature outside. My daughters still talk about the day when I found an exhausted bee in our apartment and gave it some sugar water to revive it. So, making the beautiful beetles and insects the centers of attention seemed just appropriate.

For the backgrounds I used the inky blue tones found in the collection. Even though the scarab beetle is pushing the sun across the sky in the tales of ancient Egypt, I paired him with the moon. But there’s a hint of the gleam of the sun in every card as well as I added some golden details. If you want to see how I made the cards, please see the video underneath! 


I hope you liked the video! If you want to read more about the ancient Egypt and me, please see this earlier post (link) showing a journal page I did for the Art Daily Cafe.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a splendid day!


Materials: 



Materials: Piatek Trzynastego, Prima Marketing







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...